Friday, May 04, 2007

Oh the blogging that must be blogged.

OK First we have The Whole Muh Nu Muh Nu thing. I feel moderately comfortable saying that I'm now about as educated as I can be about this intriguing little piece of music. Of the many pages devoted to the song and the various ways one can be obsessed with it, I'll point you to this one it's very comprehensive. . .

Who is Piero Umiliani

Piero, of course, besides being yet another European I should have named at least one of my sons after, is the composer of the original "Mah Na Mah Na". I must thank the God and Goddess of Google Fu, The Henderdizzles, for providing the following. First is the ORIGINAL ORIGINAL, from the film "Sweden: Hell or Heaven" which is Swedish of course and this version appears to be dubbed in Italian

Svezia, Inferno e Paradiso

WARNING the above clip contains 1.7 breasts. If this makes you at all uncomfortable, stop it just before the end (at just about the point when you suspect you are about to see 1.7 breasts, specifically). But it is very interesting to hear the very first version of this song. The next bit of Mah Na Mah Na trivia is the "Bandanana" version that was made for the New Zealand teen society's Wear a Bandana Week in 2005. . .



And now, as if you hadn't seen enough video renditions of this catchy little tune, I found this one on YouTube quite by chance. . .



I am ready to be done with this for now.

THE ELF SHORTS ARE BACK!!! Just recently I was wondering aloud, to someone, "what ever happened to The Freakin Elf Shorts?" For those of you not familiar with the Freakin Elf Shorts Phenomenon (do dooooo de doo do), it was a pair of -- um -- elf shorts, that had been mailed all over to several bloggers. A blogger would take a photo of themselves in the elf shorts, then hold a caption contest. The person with the funniest caption got to have the elf shorts next. I was quite honored to be a part of the game, I did my funny photo, I judged the funniest caption, and now after many months of marital counseling our relationship is fully healed. It turns out that the phonomenon never died! A recent elf-shorts-wearer has been trying to put together a comprehensive history of the shorts, and I of all people was holding him up. Since my old blog address died, and somewhere about the same time as the server died, I changed addresses and became considerably less entertaining and prolific, no one knew where PuppDaddy went :(. I think the key was "Barking", someone remembered that "Barking" was the name of Puppdaddy's blog, and that led to the new, identically-titled (yet less-frequently-updated and as stated decidedly less funny) blog home.

In any case, I will keep an eye on the latests Elf Shorts blogger and link you over when the compleat compilation is compleatly compilated.

Today's Daily Muppet Thing of The Day for Saturday is something you've probably seen already, but oh my gizzle it's good. It's wrong, and a little disturbing, but just a little more fun than disturbing. Kristen you remember that Kermit suicide drug song you found? Yeah, that one tipped the scales in the other direction :).



Tomorrow, Saturday, once thought to be a catch-up-on-painting-I-should've-done-earlier-in-the-week day, will instead be quite the challenge. AK will go to a church girl daytime slumber party thing in Pittsburgh (not complaining, I urged her to go). Which leaves me to take the twins to swimming. Normally not something I dig doing, but it's important she goes to the thing and has a nice day away with the girls. But oh then I forgot unicycle club is also tomorrow. And dammit, the twins' first Start Smart Pre-Peewee Football is tomorrow also. Hoosh!

I'm out, I've much kvetching to do.

 

 

2 Comments:

Blogger Twinkle said...

hey, isn't the guy who doesn't take part in the song Arthur from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? You know the one, he was also in Love Actually...

10:12 AM  
Blogger PupDaddy said...

It certainly looks like him! I didn't notice at first, good eye. I noticed the guy who starts the song is the one-eyed ghost pirate from the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I think this is from the original British "The Office" was Martin Freeman in that? I just saw him in a bit part in "Shawn of The Dead", he's all over the place. I like it when the boss comes in and does the Cabbage Patch :)

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Pupp Daddy Dog spends his days working as an entrepeneur and as a Dad. He is passionately in love with/obsessively neurotic about his family. Imagine Kicking Bird mixed with Albert Brooks. Oh, and throw in some Notorious B.I.G.

 

Alaska is the frustrated but caring cat at the center of our canine universe. All of us alternately worship, rely on and ceaselessly whine to her. Her need to control everything is confounded by the fact that she really pretty much does control everything, so in her few free moments, she knits and searches desperately for things to fuss about.

 

 

Max is smart and handsome, with a big heart. He is not only growing like a weed, but he has the attention span and concentration abilities of a weed. Despite my best efforts, AK keeps feeding him and he keeps growing. Our plan is to keep him so busy with school, sports & the arts that he won't notice he's a teenager and is supposed to hate us. T minus 2.5 years to teen launch, so far so good.

 

 

 Ben and Milo are phenomenal little creatures who remind us minute-by-minute not only how little control we have in this world, but why we should cease our controlling efforts and just laugh at all of God's jokes. Lately, Milo likes to dance and is good on the piano. Ben likes to mimic Max and enjoys manipulating adults and anyone else who has no idea how quietly brilliant he is. Both of them would love your full and complete attention. Really, stop reading silly blogs and join the fan club now. Ok? Ok.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

Zee's Designs

Blogger