Monday, February 05, 2007

Well I liked the Rock Paper Scissors commercial.

At the end, when the guy walks by and says "low five. . . ", that got me. A close second is the lions saying Carne Asada like Ricardo Montalban. Did you notice that Ricardo Montalban does the voice over for the (name of whatever Taco Bell food the commercial is for)?

Which was your favorite?

We actually missed the whole first half of the game. It was a miracle that we saw any of it, really, since it was on the ONE channel our rabbit ears pick up clearly. Watching it on local actual AIR waves meant that our $2.6 million commercials were mixed in with the local Chevy dealer selling cars to aliens who came to Earth because of his huge selection of Chevys. We caught the last part of Prince, though, and I was proud to be a Closet Prince Fan. Well, I'm not that closet but I am a VERY big fan. Especially the pre-contract dispute years. I love pretty much everything up to Graffiti Bridge, & a little of Diamonds & Pearls, but it got all wonky after that. It was good to see him entertaining old-school even if his guitar fingers don't move like they used to.

FOOD My racing associate Lunchbox was telling me how Florida Sweet Tea had ruined him for tea. They make it special down there, something about hot or cold brewing or lacing it with methamphetamine or something. But he was frustrated because he really used to like iced tea in general but now whenever he gets it it only reminds him of what it could be. I am TOTALLY the same with corn. Living in MN I ate REALLY FRESH sweet corn, that had been steamed, out of the bed of an old pickup, at Plainview's Corn on The Cob Days festival -- and nothing's been the same since. It was so sweet, and juicy/succulent, like you never knew corn could be. I'm told it's to do with freshness, than the sugar starts to break down the second the corn is picked and it's all downhill from there. In any case, it's not just that corn tastes mediocre to me now. I actually get ANGRY when I eat corn! I always feel like you do when you stub your toe on the same piece of furniture you've stubbed it on for years. DOH! I KNEW that was there, why did I kick it??? For Alaska it's California and Avacadoes. She kicks herself every time she buys an avacado because, of course, she knew better. What food has ruined food for you?

Today's Daily Muppet Thing of The Day for Tuesday, again, is not technically a Muppet Thing. But it does include a furry, muppet-like feature! Remember the halcyon days of Blues Clues? When Steve would take kids AND PARENTS along on his innocent yet insightful journeys of discovery? Well Steve then ventured out on his own and tried to start a musical career. I followed him for awhile through his website. But my occasional glances at who's playing on XM Top 20 On 20 never say "Steve", so it would appear he's not made it yet. About a year ago I checked the link and his site was down. Anyone seen Steve? On MTV7? Or whichever MTV actually shows music these days? Or seen him in Branson, MO? Or seen him in a soup line at a homeless shelter?

Back then, he posted some of his musical stuff and some of his weird just generally alternative quiet-guy humor stuff. This is only barely humorous, but like I said there is a muppet'ish feature to it. (The guy on camera is not Steve, that's one of Steve's New Totally Authentic Alternative Music Scene Friends. Steve is playing with the camera. . . . )



I have one of his music videos saved, and it's not bad actually. But it has a very hooky hook, so I'll save that for a day when I need to get it out of my head and get it stuck in all of your heads.

Speaking of getting songs stuck in heads, I vote that a couple of people change the names of their blogs. For the simple reason that the name of the link in my Internet Explorer Favorites list invariably get's a song stuck in my head:
Twinkle's "There She Goes"
Alaska's "Faith" (because I get the Limp Bizkit version stuck, not the George Michaels version. Though that would be about as bad, wouldn't it though)
That's all, really. But MAN do I end up humming that Sixpence None The Richer song a lot. I don't have to visit Twinkle's blog, just click "Favorites" and see it there. However, upon consideration, Her Twinkness is excused because she showed me www.pandora.com. There I can go, plug in the name of some obscure band I like and find new music that sounds the same. Or I can listen while I paint and by rating the songs it picks, customize my own fantasy internet radio station.



Mr. Mouseyface Report Mr. Mouseyface has been a tenant here at La Maison de la House for quite a while. In the evenings, he munches on the veritable smorgasbord of twin droppings and dog leavings up in the kitchen. But in the daytime he passes his time by skittering around in the ceiling above AK's office. Much to AK's consternation. He has thus far eluded the stickytraps we've left in his favorite kitchen drawers. Indeed he has mocked them, by visiting them, pooping on & around them, then leaving them.



I understand that AK awoke to the sound of desperate Mr. Mouseyface thrashing in the drawer this morning. Yay! Not only was he caught, but he was disposed of. All before I so much as woke up. Go Mommy, go Mommy, with 'ya bad self, it's ya berfday. Our neighbor Jilla Tha Killa, of Justice League fame. . .

The Justice League of Jill

. . . was concerned about the humanity or inhumanity of the traps we used for Mr. Mouseyface. I'd like to take this opportunity to reassure her that there is a verrrrrrry good chance that Mr. Mouseyface has about 34 cousins cohabitating here at La Maison. And each one of them is verrrrrry likely living a fat, well fed and super-humane little Mr. Mouseyface life. :)

Aaron Weasel in answer to your comment query, no I've never dismounted a scooter in that particular fashion. I have exited in an equally dramatic way, however. It was off the rear, not over the front. And it was in Daytona. And it was behind a supermarket. Until the police came. And if I ever get around to digitizing the 8mm video I'll post it here. After the statute of limitations expires.

 

 

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Statute of limitations?
Don't make me ask Al Ludington!
Hey - who was responsible for "Munumunuh"? Was there a "music" credit at the end of the shows? I never paid attention back in the day 'cause I didn't realize how cool it was. Something about ya'never miss it 'til it's gone...
Beth

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on now C-hub get it right Flordia Sweet tea has the sugar added to the tea while the tea is still warm so the sugar dissolves better through out the tea… PA’s version of sweet tea is regular bland ice tea and a separate sugar packet that never blends to create that same southern sweet tea flavor!! Do I need to bring you some samples this Saturday??
I have some good big guys on little bikes in the snow pics to send you that my friend just sent me from Alaska! (the state)

9:25 AM  
Blogger Twinkle said...

Hmmmm, so what would you suggest I change my blog name to? Not that I'm seriously thinking of changing it, but I'd be curious as to what you might suggest.

Hehehe, how about "Tom's Diner"? or "Here for a Good Time not a Long Time"? (I hate that song with a passion bordering on something really not good)

Sorry my blog name causes you strife... But I'm glad you love Pandora!! I wasn't sure if you'd already heard of it, or decided to not use it or what.

Did you know you can link it up so that it shows your top 5 bookmarked songs on your blog???

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah - Prince's halftime show was good - even if old-fashioned! Re commercials -- You didn't see the one with Robert Goulet singing and dancing his way through an office job?

BabaGaye

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the guinea pig dragging the mouse around trying to get on line. Speaking of mice ...nothin more alarming at 3:00 am than a freaked out cat with a sticky trap, stuck to his paw, running frantically around on the the hardwood floors. FWAP, FWAP, FWAP.
I love a furry mammal as much as the next tree hugger, but you do not want Hanta Virus and these critters can give it to you. Keep them with their naked mole bretheren where they belong.
j

8:16 PM  
Blogger The Queen said...

Awwww, poor kitty! (Was it Benny or Jetta?)

Usually Emily keeps us furry-mammal free, but they seem to have figured out that if they stay in the ceiling tiles of the basement that she can't get them there. So . . . sticky traps.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Pupp Daddy Dog spends his days working as an entrepeneur and as a Dad. He is passionately in love with/obsessively neurotic about his family. Imagine Kicking Bird mixed with Albert Brooks. Oh, and throw in some Notorious B.I.G.

 

Alaska is the frustrated but caring cat at the center of our canine universe. All of us alternately worship, rely on and ceaselessly whine to her. Her need to control everything is confounded by the fact that she really pretty much does control everything, so in her few free moments, she knits and searches desperately for things to fuss about.

 

 

Max is smart and handsome, with a big heart. He is not only growing like a weed, but he has the attention span and concentration abilities of a weed. Despite my best efforts, AK keeps feeding him and he keeps growing. Our plan is to keep him so busy with school, sports & the arts that he won't notice he's a teenager and is supposed to hate us. T minus 2.5 years to teen launch, so far so good.

 

 

 Ben and Milo are phenomenal little creatures who remind us minute-by-minute not only how little control we have in this world, but why we should cease our controlling efforts and just laugh at all of God's jokes. Lately, Milo likes to dance and is good on the piano. Ben likes to mimic Max and enjoys manipulating adults and anyone else who has no idea how quietly brilliant he is. Both of them would love your full and complete attention. Really, stop reading silly blogs and join the fan club now. Ok? Ok.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

Zee's Designs

Blogger