Tuesday, February 13, 2007

They are all dancing.

Ben, Milo, Max and the I-Dog. The school district has declared tomorrow a SNOW DAY, so we are listening to a kids rock-like song we all love called "Snow Day". Ben and Milo are not so much with the knowing of the words, so they are chanting "na na na na na na na - - - - SNOW DAY!!!". And they are jofully circling/jumping on their new DBX Phantom Inflatable Sled: Juvenile Spine-Tweaker Special Edition.

For all of these reasons I really really and truly hope against all hope that this nasty stomach flu I've got subsides by tomorrow. This is the most snow/the best sledding PA has had since 2003 I hear. I'd hate to spend the day napping and sitting on the potty like today.

Sarah Poppins has been good enough to translate our Cycloptic German Whitney Singing Soccer Watching Beer Drinking Muppet Video. . .

"Bernie and Ert:


Oh, hey, Ert, I didn't hear you come in.

How could you with all that howling? You know I need you to be quiet because I was hit by a semi-truck yesterday when I went on a beer run. The doctor said I need absolute quiet.

Oh, no problem, Ert, I'll find something else to do.

____________

Oh, hey, Ert, I didn't hear you come in. I thought you were sleeping.

How can I with this horrible, loud music? I need rest. A lot of rest. I have a terrible headache.

Right, right, Ert. I'll do something else.

___________

Oh, hey, Ert, I didn't hear you come in. Do you want to watch soccer with me?

No, I want quiet, Quiet, QUIET.

Oh, ok, good, Ert. I'll do something you cannot complain about, guaranteed.

Yeah? I'm sure, Bernie. I'm alive with curiousity.

(tapes his mouth.) And if that doesn't fit, let me know.

Muchos gratuitous thankage to the Poppinator and her Mennonite upbringing! It's interesting. Though there are many questions left unanswered. Like what about that lewd photo on the wall??? She has also given me wise counsel on whether or not to buy the sale-priced "Firefly" series DVD set. I hope the one left for $20.00 is still at Target whenever my stomach decides to stay rightside out and I return. I really really liked the movie "Serenity" what with the beautiful Kung-Fu Christina Ricci character and the western-movie-in-space theme.

Also on my recent favorites list from Netflix list: "V For Vendetta" and "Brazil". I only ever saw Brazil way back when I was very young and I wanted it to be like another Monty Python movie. While some of that humor is in there, I appreciate it now as perhaps THE quintessential Terry Gilliam film and I also agree with his "Beaurocracy is The Shape of Evil" theme. Douglas Adams felt the same way. Both spent a great deal of time in England, maybe it's more of a problem over there. I personally can relate to this theme because I have spent my share of time in The California Department of Motor Vehicles offices. I also enjoyed re-renting Priscilla Queen of The Desert. Remember my problem with expecting Hugo Weaving to bust into an ABBA song in all of his roles? ABBA-singing Elf King? ABBA-Singing Matrix Bad Guy? Well unfortunately I watched "V" right after Priscilla (ABBA-singing dark masked vigilante hero). And now it's worse, I see Terrence Stamp (the older transvestite) EVERYWHERE and now expect him to love the nightlife and got to boogie as well.

Honey? When you walk into the workshop and see me giggling to myself uncontrollably? This is likely the cause. You'll probably see Hugo Weaving or Terrence Stamp on the TV screen. . . .

AK's parents are here, and that's a good thing. Good visit. Damn shame about the fact that we are all either in the throes of stomach flu, getting over stomach flu or about to have the stomach flu. Milo threw up ALL OVER the back seat of their rental car today :(. WELCOME TO BEAUTIFUL CENTRAL PA!

Today's Daily Muppet Thing of The Day for Wednesday is again, I'm sorry, not a muppet thing at all. It's a stroll down memory lane for people like me, of-a-certain-age. May it remind you of the those you've forgotten: Roscoe P. Coltrane, Flash the Basset Hound, and Cooter.




And also know this charming bit of trivia: The theme song is sung by the wonderful Waylon Jennings, and the very first frames of film we saw every week (I don't remember what night it was on, I think it was a weeknight) were his hands playing the opening notes on his guitar. Well, if you went and bought the Waylon Jennings album and listened the whole song, you'd learn that the very next verse he sings (after the theme ends), is an apology to his mother for the fact that no one ever saw his face. Just his hands.

Dy's blog, which I will put in my sidebar as soon as I get my sidebar together, has a game where we show a photo of ourselves as-we-really-are or as-we-feel-most-of-the-time. You know, not necesarily a good photo of yourself, but one that shows you most accurately in the real world. So go do that, that's a fun thing to do. I'll scan my hard drive as well.

That's all I can think of now :/

 

 

2 Comments:

Blogger Twinkle said...

Have you seen Mirromask yet?? You absolutely must if you haven't. I saw it once, and bought it. It's pure eye-candy - the CGI on this movie is phenominal, and such interesting characters/creations!!

Hugo Weaving is generally a giggle-worthy character for me, either because I expect ABBA, or Mr. Smith. Either way, it doesn't really suit what he's done since!!

(Did you notice that the gym-bunny character in Priscilla is also the guy from Memento and Time Machine?)

10:02 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

My kids liked watching the Mythbusters try to jump a car like them Duke boys. But the kids just can't understand why I have to yell Yee-haw after the jumps. Even for a Midwestern City Gal, ya just gotta.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Pupp Daddy Dog spends his days working as an entrepeneur and as a Dad. He is passionately in love with/obsessively neurotic about his family. Imagine Kicking Bird mixed with Albert Brooks. Oh, and throw in some Notorious B.I.G.

 

Alaska is the frustrated but caring cat at the center of our canine universe. All of us alternately worship, rely on and ceaselessly whine to her. Her need to control everything is confounded by the fact that she really pretty much does control everything, so in her few free moments, she knits and searches desperately for things to fuss about.

 

 

Max is smart and handsome, with a big heart. He is not only growing like a weed, but he has the attention span and concentration abilities of a weed. Despite my best efforts, AK keeps feeding him and he keeps growing. Our plan is to keep him so busy with school, sports & the arts that he won't notice he's a teenager and is supposed to hate us. T minus 2.5 years to teen launch, so far so good.

 

 

 Ben and Milo are phenomenal little creatures who remind us minute-by-minute not only how little control we have in this world, but why we should cease our controlling efforts and just laugh at all of God's jokes. Lately, Milo likes to dance and is good on the piano. Ben likes to mimic Max and enjoys manipulating adults and anyone else who has no idea how quietly brilliant he is. Both of them would love your full and complete attention. Really, stop reading silly blogs and join the fan club now. Ok? Ok.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

Zee's Designs

Blogger